Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Blog Prompt 2: Is Our Soceity Addicted to Google?



I use Google in some way, shape, or form everyday.
Even right now, I am blogging only because of Google.

Until this prompt was posted, I had no idea how often I used Google. However, in order to fully answer the question asked in the prompt, I came to the conclusion that I must deeply reflect on how often I use Google on a day to day basis. The result: I use the search engine way more than I thought and probably way more than I should. I found that I would "Google" almost anything and everything; I would search addresses to businesses, I would search for more information on recent news, and even search how to spell basic words. Furthermore, I realized that most of my classes and school activities used g-mail, Blogger, and Google Docs to help us exchange information and communicate effectively.

In short, I have come to the realization that our society is not addicted to the search engine, but rather our society has become too reliant on it. Without Google,  we could survive, yet it would be difficult for us to do so. We would have to revert back to our old ways of communication and old ways of gathering information. This might be an issue for our culture today, as we have gotten acclimated to the fast pace tempo the internet offers us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment